Enjoy to the End

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Melody of the Harmony of My Song

Just listening to this music inspires me. Right now I'm listening to "Sail Away" by a girl from Liverpool who writes songs because it is what she loves to do. It's the most beautiful thing. To know what I'm talking about, you have to experience the music. This girl isn't famous, she's not paid millions, and she's not a million years old with the wisdom of someone who's been writing music for the public for years and years.

She's got what I want so badly. The capacity to CREATE beauty through music. Me? I can only sing it. I illustrate what composers intend me to illustrate. I don't write the notes from my own life and experiences. Which is what makes me so...disposable when it comes to beauty.

But I'm not giving up completely. Maybe someday I'll be able to produce a song that's parallel to my heart. I thank the Lord for the elegance of a melody. For giving me something that can paint emotions the way few can do with words.

I take great pride in reproducing those divine messages. I'm far from where I want to be but I am elated for the gift that I and so many others have of singing the delicate and exquisite expressions that we can.

Inspiration for this story was given me by: Jennifer Rafferty. Look her up on Youtube. My personal favorite is "Sail Away". I adore it.
posted by Sarah Mac at 11:08 PM

1 Comments:

I wrote one Christian song, but it is not a master piece, just an expression of how I felt and wanted to put things. I also write novels, for Christian readers. If I may draw your attention, to a Christian fantasy title, "Outcasts Of Skagaray" can be previewed by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like checking it out. Whatever happens, blessings.

January 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home